I take the health of my family very seriously. For example, hubby and I have been determined to keep Pixie’s diet as clean as possible for as long as possible – in fact, I don’t think refined sugar passed her lips until her first birthday. And that occasion was under duress because a friend had kindly baked her a birthday cake… However, our intense strictness paid off because she spat it out. All the more for mummy. Oh noooo…
I know what you’re thinking, and yes, it’s true – I am a hypocrite.
But our intention is good and I stand by the fact that if she doesn’t know what she’s missing then she’s not actually missing anything, is she? She’s a happy child with a healthy appetite; it just so happens that she favours petit pois over chocolate, and she’d prefer to snack on cherry tomatoes than cherry cola bottles. (She has even been known to munch on crickets and buffalo worms of her own accord – I’m actually not kidding, go check out Instagram for proof – link to the left of the page.)
(In fairness, she’s never tasted either of those sugary treats. Also, I don’t lie about the veg, she does in fact love them both: I think she was about ten months old the first time she brought me a tupperware pot demanding it to be filled with frozen pulses – which she subsequently devoured with such vigour you’d be forgiven for thinking we only feed her once in 24 hours.)
Alas, we all have our vices, and Pixie’s is a small packet of biscuits most days. That may sound horrendous, but actually they’re really not bad – I purchase organic baby
cardboard biccies, naturally flavoured and containing no nasties.
Heavenly Tasty Organics Review and Giveaway
So when I was contacted about a Heavenly Tasty Organics review recently with the opportunity to trial a selection of their baby snacks, I knew Pixie would be delighted. And because they’re made specifically with
little ones over-zealous and anxious parents in mind, they pass my rigorous nutritional requirements too. Lucky little Pixie.
We were kindly sent wafers, waffles, squishies and more. Pixie undoubtedly has her favourites among these items, but basically, they’ve been well received. (And – as you do as a health-conscious mother – I naturally had a nibble myself: not half bad actually. I agree with her about the favourites too.)
What we received:
- Pumpkin & Banana Wafer Wisps;
- Spinach, Apple & Kale Wafer Wisps;
- Carrot and Cumin Crispy Veggie Waffles;
- Sweetbeet and Shallot Crispy Veggie Waffles;
- Banana, Apple, Mango and Coconut Milk Squishies;
- Banana, Apple, Strawberry and Coconut Milk Squishies;
- Rosemary Mini Italian Breadsticks;
- Original Mini Italian Breadsticks;
- Banana Halo Bites;
- Apple Halo Bites.
Pixie’s undeniable favourites were the waffles. How can I be so sure? Because she was stuffing fistfuls of them in her mouth like I do with Minstels.
But that’s okay – because they’re made from over 50% vegetables! They also contain no-added sugar plus 0% artificial flavours, colourings, or preservatives. And, as snack quality controller, I can vouch for them being rather tasty.
These snacks are particularly fab because they’re basically guilt-free, on-the-go, l-a-z-y options – which are perfect for the life of a busy work-at-home parent.
If you fancy trying some of these goodies for your little one, I have good news: Heavenly Tasty Organics are very kindly offering a hamper of these yummies to one lucky reader.
For your chance to win, simply enter below…
There’s no obligation for you to subscribe to my blog or like my facebook page to enter; but please note that your chance of winning will increase in line with the laws of karma and the good vibes I’ll be sending your way. (Plus you’ll be notified of other fab posts and giveaways!) #justsaying
What’s your child’s favourite snack?
Terms and conditions:
* There is one hamper to be won.
* The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
* This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
* Entrants must be age 18 or over.
* Winner’s details will be passed to the promoter Heavenly Tasty Organics, who is responsible for sending out the prize.
* Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter embedded within this blog post.
* All entries will be checked.
* The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
* The winner will be informed by email or on Twitter. Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
* Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on the rafflecopter.
* Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.