I received a selection of personalised books in exchange for this I See Me review.
We’re big book lovers in our house, and reading is something we actively encourage and promote. When it comes to a bedtime routine there are few better ways to wind down from a busy day than to sit and engage with your child by reading a story together. It’s also the perfect way to foster an interest in learning to read. But if course there’s far more to it too:
The ability to read allows the imagination to grow and the memory to develop. Immersion in an enchanting storyline is the perfect aid to teach self-soothing and relaxation.
Even as an adult, one of favourite pastimes is to sit down with a good book (on my kindle) – and no matter how sleep-deprived I am, I can’t switch off from the day without ten minutes reading.
When I think back to my childhood it makes me sad that I never had a personalised book of my own. I thought they were magical (literally!) when I saw friends’, so never thought to request one for myself. (I was a naïve child.)
I See Me Review of ‘It’s Fancy to Be Me’
I See Me has some lovely designs, my favourite of those we were sent being It’s Fancy to Be Me. The book shows a little girl travelling across the world and what she gets up to in various countries, the activities being typical of each location.
With the current trend to find everything offensive as a hobby, were this an adult’s book it would be labelled ‘politically incorrect’. Personally I view it as a harmless way of demonstrating geographical traditions.
Each book features your child’s name on the cover; in a personalised dedication inside; peppered throughout the text – and also in some of the images. The wording is relatively simple but grammatically correct – essential when teaching children to read, yet not always a given in my experience (not this brand!).
The website is simple to use and I was pleased to see that despite having a boys and girls section, there was a dinosaur book in both (although I’d have liked to see a few more unisex choices). Overall these are lovely books which make a great gift for special occasions, particularly with the option of adding a photo of the child in some cases.
I See Me are offering one lucky reader the chance to win one of their books! Simply enter below:
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Winner’s details will be passed to the promoter, who is responsible for sending out the prizes.
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter widgets embedded within this blog post.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email or on Twitter. Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on the rafflecopter.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.