Life before children was simple – and naturally we didn’t appreciate just how uncomplicated we had it! One of my big focuses prior to becoming a mother was meticulously planning our wedding, and I have a wealth of information, inspiration, tips and advice on the subject if that’s where you are now.
Of course, I wouldn’t change our new normal, even if it is…somewhat chaotic! As our family grows and we finally see light at the end of a rather exhausting tunnel, we naturally have less preoccupation with sleep – not quite out of those woods yet but seeing definite progress! Which means I can begin to find a little autonomy and we can really start enjoying life again.
I can’t overstate how wonderful it is to see the fog lifting. With the girls being that little bit less dependent on me, I have more time to indulge in self-care, enjoying making our house a home, and having fun and adventures – both with and without the children! We recently created a family bucket list, and I can’t wait to start working our way through it now life is not quite so tough.
Some of my most popular posts in this category include:
- Making the best of your life, even when it’s scary
- How to forgive somebody who keeps hurting you, and why you should
- A magical night away from the children!
- How I’m treating my sciatica at home
- Three big wins for women in 2019
- Why I won’t call the girl who was like my sister
- Making our house a home
- The psychology of humour and why some people laugh at rape jokes
- The best thing we ever did for our marriage
- The 8 best things your Lenovo Smart Display can do
Alternatively, go to the full archives of lifestyle posts.