Thankful Thursday #61
It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- This past week has seen Pixie appearing to answer her dad with sarcasm. I’m not certain that’s actually what’s taking place, it just very much sounds that way and it’s so funny! Example: Daddy says something, Pixie responds with ‘wow, interesting’. Haha!
- We had fabulous weather on Sunday! So we took a trip to the local beach and Pixie loved it. It’s got me very excited for our little break away, though I don’t kid myself that we’ll have the same incredible weather…
- We ordered a car seat for the new baby, and lots of our new furniture has arrived – things are finally starting to come together! It’s such a relief to be getting organised.
- Last night as I was putting Pixie to bed she suddenly got very cross about something, but was not making any sense. She was desperately looking for her pyjama top, so I asked her if it was the one we’d put in the wash yesterday but she was adamant not. I was baffled – she was wearing her clean one and holding the trousers ready to put on. The more I tried to reason with her, the worse her temper got because she was getting so frustrated. Eventually we worked out the problem: she had momentarily forgotten that she was wearing her top already, and that’s the one she was searching for. Luckily she saw the funny side as much as we did!
- We were having a quiet snuggle just before she went to sleep, and then she randomly – as in literally out of nowhere, I have no idea where this idea originated from – said… ‘LET’S MAKE A RAINBOW! LET’S DO IT!’ So, naturally that’s what we had to do this morning.
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!