Thankful Thursday #64
It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- If scan results are accurate, my baby is thriving and growing exactly as s/he should be! Which hopefully means I won’t have to be induced early! Fantastic news.
- We had some beautiful weather over the bank holiday – for a few hours! But during that brief time, Pixie spent more than two hours standing in front of her little sandpit and transferring sand from one side to the other, mixing it with water, exploring the textures…making Mummy and Daddy explore them too. She absolutely loved it (check out Insta to see her at work – and don’t forget to follow me while you’re there!).
- I’ve been so busy for a week or two because I’ve had a fair bit of work come in. The end is in sight, which is kind of a relief (I’m soooo tired these day!), but equally I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m so proud of my little blog, and always a little bit flattered when somebody wants to work with me.
- One of closest friends who recently had her second daughter has a close circle of friends and I’m the last of us to give birth, within a period of about six months. Though the other girls are not strictly ‘my’ friends, it’s still lovely to be a small part of that. I have a couple of friends who are also pregnant, but they’re not due for quite some time yet, and it’s so nice to have a network of mums who have similar aged babies. Six months is a long time in baby milestones!
- On Friday I went to an event to meet Jo Frost and I knew Daddy Pig would be there. I really didn’t expect Pixie to be interested, but boy was I wrong! I mentioned it to her, just in case she wanted to tag along, and the delight on her face was just something else. I had so many lovely comments about her, and it’s just the greatest compliment in the world to hear your child’s praises sung.
- My unofficial mentor and blogging hero, Amy Treasure, said I’m one of the cleverest writers she knows. I’ve not stopped smiling all day.
I know I have a lot of hilarious anecdotes from my week, c/o Pixie, but baby brain means they’re sadly confined to the past, unless my hubby can help me remember them for next week! Every week I tell myself I’m going to write them down as they happen. Every week… #fail
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!