Thankful Thursday #66
It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- Lying in bed last night, my cheeky daughter said ‘Get me a wipe please, off you pop’. I had to try very hard not to crack up and encourage the attitude! I’ll have to have a word with hubby though, because he says this to me a lot (in jest) which is clearly where it’s come from!
- I’m 36 weeks pregnant today, and though I’m beginning to feel uncomfortable and tired, I’m 36 weeks pregnant!
- I had a Skype meeting on Monday and – despite Pixie refusing to sleep which meant Peppa in the background (professional…) – I feel like I’m finally getting somewhere with a technical issue on my blog. It’s such a relief, made all the better by the fact that we’re doing a skills swap so I can save my pennies because this level of expertise does not come cheap!
- Pixie is not perfect (yesterday afternoon I’d go so far as to say she was tiresome, not through naughtiness but just being a toddler); but we have some of the best times too. Like this morning, when she was an absolute delight. We read a book and then I did something I’ve not done with her before – when she asked for it a second time, I asked her to tell me the story instead. I also stopped throughout the book to explain lots of the words I guessed she wouldn’t understand and it felt like some really quality time. It was lovely.
- Excuse my proud mummy moment, because this might come off as sounding like Pixie is perfect… I cannot believe how well she’s doing with potty training. She’s even having dry nights now! She’s had one accident in the first week, and I’m pretty happy with that. I know it’s not before time, but it just goes to show what can happen when you follow their lead and don’t force it.
- Yesterday was beautiful weather and we visited our local RHS garden with good friends (Pixie wore her Minions onesie, because why not?). The little ones braved running through a sprinkler and I was laughing – till I realised just how soaked Pixie had gotten! Lucky I was carrying spare clothes in case of an accident. They had a lot of fun though, and that’s what being a child is all about.
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!