Thankful Thursday #73
It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- After months and years of successfully keeping chocolate away from Pixie, we’ve finally had to relent. She’s nearly three and it was never going to last forever. She’s discovered the mighty Flake, via the (so-called) ’99. Except, for reasons unknown to all bar herself, she insists on referring to it as the ‘stalk’. I’ve corrected her countless times, and she’s repeated the right word countless times, only to immediately revert back to her pet name for it! I’m quitting, because it’s cute.
- I think it’s just about the most adorable thing when tiny people use grown up words or phrases. This morning while I was brushing my teeth Pixie left the room, and my mischief radar sounded, so I called out asking her where she was off to. Her response? ‘I’m just in here chilling out’. Classic.
- It’s just so happened that this month hubby’s contract is coming to an end, which essentially means a quieter couple of weeks between jobs. The upshot has been lots of unexpected early days with him joining us for afternoons in the sun…
- And we’re even considering a few days away somewhere! Since our Elfin Angel put a spanner in the works as far as our cruise was concerned! We’re looking at Paultons Park, because Pixie is a typical toddler, ie. obsessed with Peppa. *rolls eyes*
- I’m not expecting it to recur tonight, but last night Elfin was amazing and actually went to sleep when I went up to bed. Hallelujah!
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!