Thankful Thursday #78
It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- After a few difficult weeks with Pixie, she appears to have reverted to type: I’ve had my lovely daughter back, with her sunny disposition and unique sense of humour. <3
- We were grabbing lunch in Costa yesterday, and Pixie randomly said ‘Okay Google, I am sad’. This is in reference to our Google Home, but the reason for being sad? Honestly, I’ve no idea, I think it was said to raise a smile. (She had no reason to be sad, and certainly wasn’t acting it!)
- Elfin continues to seesaw between improving and then going backwards again, but we are now waiting for a referral for her suspected tongue tie – hurrah!
- A wonderful lady at our local SureStart centre got this sorted for me. I’d had a horrible morning, first having Elfin’s jabs – three injections which made her hold her breath for aaaaages before howling. 🙁 I’m not ashamed to admit that I had to compose myself while the nurse popped out of the room for something. Then I had to pop to the health centre to collect a second MAT B1 because my midwife was useless and after completing the first one incorrectly, insisted that I go and collect the new one despite my request for it to be popped through my door. As I was leaving, this wonderful woman asked me if I was okay and I said I was fine. But she kept pushing until in the end I sort of fell apart a little bit. Which was pretty embarrassing. But it meant that I not only got a hug from her, I also got somebody listening to me and taking my useless GP surgery to task. Hence the referral finally being arranged following the broken promise from the surgery that everything was in hand… So, long story short, I’m incredibly grateful to that fabulous woman for making me cry.
- I have a fab new car which I love! Pixie is not impressed – she wants our blue car back – but the new one is lovely and big and just so much easier for a family of four. (Just a shame it doesn’t have heated seats – huge disappointment.)
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!