It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- Pixie has made me howl this week. For a start hubby taught her a Scottish accent – and she actually nailed it! I personally find ascents incredibly difficult to impersonate so I was both hugely impressed and very tickled by it.
- I was bathing Pixie one day this week and I told her not to put her fingers in the plughole, because they’ll get stuck and she’ll have to sleep in the bath. She looked down at her hand as the water drained away and earnestly asked ‘Will Daddy read me a book in here?’ – zero concerns about staying in there all night, so long storytime would go ahead as usual!
- We were driving home and Pixie asked me ‘Mummy, can you fix it?’ however, when I looked, ‘it’ appeared to be perfectly fine. So I asked her what was wrong with it, to which she replied ‘I don’t know; can you fix it?’. Unfortunately I was stumped, thus a meltdown ensued…
- I bought Elfin a £2.50 soft lamb toy which I attached to her pushchair. And she is in love. She doesn’t take her eyes off it, smiling and cooing to it – so cute.
- I have an appointment for her tongue tie assessment! It will be amazing to finally know one way or the other whether the procedure is necessary.
- I popped into Starbucks yesterday to do some work. Elfin did not play ball again, however they had a new chicken flatbread which is dairy free and awesome. Hurrah!
- By the end of the day I’d managed to complete a job for a client, so it wasn’t so bad in the end.
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!