It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1) – and today is World Gratitude Day, so all the more reason!
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- This past week I’ve finally found the nerve to trial soya. I really needed to do it because it’s so limiting to eliminate it from my diet, and I only removed it on the off-chance of it being an issue along with cow’s milk protein. Unfortunately Elfin didn’t react well, however it could have been far worse. And at least we know now. (I’m not planning to trial soya lecithin which is less likely to cause a reaction. Fingers crossed as this is the reason I can’t eat my favourite chocolate!)
- I walked through the shoe aisle when I left Next earlier, and kind of fell in love… Oops. This never happens to be fair, as I’m incredibly fussy. But having had a nice job this week, I decided to treat myself to a beautiful pair of ankle boots.
- My hubby is notoriously difficult to buy presents for, because – in his own words – ‘if I want something that badly I’ll just buy it’. So he has everything he wants. What a life, huh? Third world problems, but this does make it hard for me at Christmas. So I’m really pleased to be collaborating with a fab company for an item for my gift guide, which I think he’ll love – and I may just have a giveaway for you guys to win one too (stay tuned)!
- We have chosen carpet for the garage now and within a couple of weeks our extra space should be habitable! I can’t wait as the clutter in our dining room is making me anxious.
- Preschool really agrees with Pixie and I’ve been so incredibly proud of how well she’s doing, both there and at home. She’s been a real delight to be around – most of the time!
In addition to all of the above, I was thrilled to hear from the very brilliant Biscuiteers about collaborating for World Gratitude Day, which falls today! They offered me a beautiful tin of biscuits to gift to someone special, to let them know I’m grateful to have them in my life.
I didn’t have to think very hard about who to give them to, because this lady is very special to me. She’s somebody who I’ve spoken about many times on the blog, and I love very dearly; in every conceivable way she’s the sister I never had – minus the arguing! She’s my spa day and afternoon tea buddy (when we get the opportunity), but we’re equally content having a natter in our jammies over a bottle of wine – or just a cup of tea. And that’s why I chose this particular tin to gift her, because they perfectly sum up our special friendship:
Aren’t they spectacularly beautiful?! I’m actually quite disappointed not to be able to share as they contain dairy, but I know she will enjoy them for both of us!
If you agree that these luxury hand-decorated biscuits are simply stunning, it’s your lucky day, because I have another tin on offer for one reader to win! For your chance to win, simply enter below.
If you win, will you be gifting the biscuits or indulging yourself? (I wouldn’t blame you!)
Why not check out my other giveaways before you go?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Winner’s details will be passed to the promoter, who is responsible for sending out the prize.
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter widgets embedded within this blog post.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email or on Twitter. Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on the rafflecopter.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!