It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- As I write Elfin has refused to sleep all morning – as she’s been doing a lot lately. But having dropped Pixie at preschool – she sleeps! Hurrah.
- I’ve finally just purchased a monitor so we can start trying to put Elfin down to bed (still in our bedroom!) in the evenings. I’m really hoping she’ll settle better than she has been downstairs. Here’s hoping…
- While we were out Pixie was such a good girl. There’s nothing nicer than sitting with my girls enjoying a civilised snack. Obviously the alternative is some kind of hell, but when they’re both cooperating it’s really lovely and makes me feel so proud. <3
- Next week my mum will be on her hols, which means I lose my work day. Except hubby is planning to take a day off to help me! Although he’s countered that with if I’m not mega busy he’d prefer me to take a day off too. So we’ll see, but either way it will be lovely.
- Aaaaaand I’m super excited for our imminent anniversary! But not because we’ll be having a date… Nope – I’m heading for a smart afternoon tea event with a fellow blogger friend, and – thanks to hubby helping me out again – cocktails too! I’ve been feeling burnt out and he knows it, so he’s keen for me to have a bit of time to relax and enjoy myself. Just have to decide whether to attempt a bottle for Elfin or keep her with me. I’m not thinking about that at the moment! If the planets align she’ll be sleeping anyway…
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!