It’s that time again already – almost the weekend! Which for the majority of my readers means it’s very nearly time to not have a day off, and not have a lay in. *Smiles wryly*
It’s also the time of the week I take a moment to muse on my fortuity and count my blessings (here’s why if you missed week #1).
Here are a few more reasons I have been grateful this week:
- I packed up work early this week to take Elfin swimming. I’ve been feeling guilty that she doesn’t get the sort of attention from me that her sister did, so that was really lovely. Particularly as she loves the water and there were no tears at any point, not even getting dressed again.
- I’ve had a bit of a blog audit and you may notice things beginning to change a little. I put things in place for my mat leave, and I’ve decided those things are not working for me. So I’m going to start making it so they do.
- This morning I’m finally – fiiiiiiinally – catching up with one of my best friends. After weeks and weeks of illnesses and various spanners in the works, I can’t wait!
- On Monday morning Pixie had her flu vaccine and she was perfect. She’s not usually very brave so I was super proud of her, and we had a lovely morning afterwards.
- I had such a wonderful weekend. Incredible afternoon tea and cocktails at the Royal Hotel in Southend on Saturday, and a lovely anniversary meal at Chop Bloc in Chelmsford on Sunday. Looking forward to another nice weekend hopefully!
- We’ve had some sunshine this week! About time – hurrah!
I hope you’re also having a wonderful week!