Affirmations for gratitude are an effective technique to facilitate a more balanced and positive outlook. Try these gratitude affirmations to increase life satisfaction and feel more fulfilled.
What Are Affirmations For Gratitude?
Gratitude affirmations are simple statements, typically (but not always) ‘I am’ statements, used to affirm your appreciation of life.
Practiced regularly, gratitude affirmations are a valuable exercise which can positively influence your mindset towards a glass-half-full attitude.
Affirmations For Gratitude Are a Powerful Tool
Practicing gratitude is enormously beneficial for mental health, and combined with affirmations even more so.
Writing gratitude lists is the gold standard for increasing happiness and positivity, and affirmations are an excellent technique for improving wellbeing. Bringing the two together results in a powerful activity to add to your personal growth arsenal.
Morning Gratitude Affirmations
If you end your days with affirmations of gratitude, you’ll find that you naturally begin to start your days with thoughts of gratitude.
By jotting down these organic thoughts, they can be harnessed into morning gratitude affirmations to further reinforce your gratitude.
Affirmations, Gratitude, and Positivity
Life can be difficult. Hell, sometimes it can be downright devastating. The only thing we know for sure is that it throws up challenges for us all.
The only difference between a positive or negative person is how they respond in those circumstances.
Essentially, we can choose to be in a negative thought cycle, or a positive one – it simply takes practice, either way, to make it our natural default.
Positive people understand that a bad day is just that: a bad day. They can look for the silver lining, or if that’s too difficult in a given situation, nevertheless they believe that tomorrow will be better.
Practicing gratitude helps to keep us in the frame of mind that facilitates responding to life positively, regardless of the situation in which we find ourselves.
And the more we do so, the more inclined we become towards positivity, until – tada! – you’ve found yourself in a positive thought cycle.
This is why positive affirmations are so powerful: they literally rewire your brain.
And the more you practice gratitude and affirmations, the stronger this effect will be.
What is the Best Way to Practice Affirmations?
When it comes to practicing affirmations, it can feel unnatural to begin with. You may be self-conscious, and that’s very normal.
The good news is that you don’t have to chant your affirmations out loud for them to work, if you’re uncomfortable doing so.
The typical perception of somebody using affirmations may be reciting them like a mantra in front of the mirror, but this is not the only method, or even especially advisable. While you absolutely can do this, there are also less awkward options!
My preferred medium is journaling: writing something down is cathartic and the act of doing so can in itself reinforce the words you’ve committed to paper.
60 Powerful Affirmations Of Gratitude
Are you convinced and ready to give gratitude affirmations a try?
Here are some compelling gratitude affirmations to add to your practice for improved wellbeing and positivity…
34 Powerful I Am Grateful Affirmations to Boost Your Wellbeing
‘I am’ affirmations are particularly effective because those two words are some of the most powerful in the English language.
‘I Am’ – two of the most powerful words; for what you put after them shapes your reality.
- I am grateful for the 1 in 102,685,000 chance of even existing.
- I am grateful for this moment, during which I am fully present and mindful of everything I have to be thankful for.
- I am grateful for living in a country where I’m safe from persecution.
- I am grateful to live in a country with proper sanitation.
- I am grateful to have a home that is safe and warm, with clean running water, electricity, and food in the cupboards.
- I am grateful for the richness of experiences enjoyed by the human condition.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to live a new day and all that it may bring.
- I am grateful for the joy my good fortune brings, and the growth my hardships bring.
9. I am grateful for living in a world where anything is possible.
- I am grateful to those who have helped me in my life’s journey.
- I am grateful to be living in a place where equality is promoted, championed, and legislated for.
- I am grateful for all the creature comforts I’m fortunate enough to take for granted.
- I am grateful for having plenty of food to fill my belly and nurture my body.
- I am grateful for the simple joy of dancing in the rain, safe in the knowledge I have a safe place I can dry off.
- I am grateful for my senses which allow me to experience the richness of the world.
- I am grateful for all the ways in which my life is improving day by day.
17. I am grateful for the beauty of nature and the peace it brings me.
- I am grateful for my intuition guiding me to exactly where I should be.
- I am grateful for the warmth of the sun on my skin.
- I am grateful for cold glasses of water on a hot day.
- I am grateful to live in a beautiful home that I love and cherish.
- I am grateful that when I turn on the tap, I have immediate and unlimited access to fresh water.
- I am grateful for my dreams of yesterday, for today they are my reality.
- I am grateful for clean, fresh bedsheets.
- I am grateful for my education, which I can choose to continue for free by utilising our local library.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to pursue my dreams.
27. I am grateful that no matter what, there is always hope.
- I am grateful that I see the beauty and goodness in everything around me.
- I am grateful for the unconditional love and support of my family and friends, and I value them dearly.
- I am grateful for my perspective that challenges are stepping stones to growth and success.
- I am grateful for my many privileges which make my life easier, even when it’s not perfect.
- I am grateful for the knowledge that if I’m doing my best, I’m doing enough.
- I am grateful that journaling and personal growth bring purpose and fulfilment to my life.
- I am grateful for learning, growing, and improving every day.
35. I am grateful for the little things, for they are, in fact, the big things.
25 More Gratitude Affirmations to Increase Positivity
- I am thankful for understanding that my past does not define me, it guides me towards a better future.
- I am blessed to do what I love in life.
- I appreciate my body for all the incredible experiences it provides.
- I welcome and appreciate constructive feedback, which helps me on my journey.
40. I am in charge of my state of mind, and I choose to be grateful and happy.
- No matter what, there are always things around me to be thankful for.
- I will spend a few moments every day appreciating the beauty of nature.
- I am thankful for the inspiration I experience from being alive in this beautiful world.
- I recognise and appreciate the light in everyone, including myself.
- I exist in a state of perpetual gratitude.
- I am fallible, and therefore thankful for second chances.
- I welcome love and peace into my life with gratitude.
48. The more I focus on the good and wonderful things in my life, the richer they grow and the happier I feel.
- I own my mistakes, grow from them, and resolve to do better next time. I recognise their value and I’m thankful for what they teach me.
- I am thankful for every opportunity to do good and help others.
- I nourish and nurture my body every day, because I am thankful for all that it does and it deserves to be cherished.
- I appreciate the inherent value of every living thing.
- I am thankful for my courage and willpower, which drive me to succeed against the odds.
- Life’s challenges are opportunities for growth and I am thankful for them.
- Every person I meet can teach me something. I appreciate their value and am excited to learn from them.
- I gratefully receive the lessons every experience brings, good and bad.
57. I choose to forgive and am thankful for the peace it brings me.
- I choose to see the best in everything and everyone.
- I am thankful for my optimistic attitude which helps me see the positive in every situation.
- I look forward to each new day with gratitude and positivity.