Morning affirmations are a powerful and positive way to start your day. Here are 78 positive morning affirmations to set you up for a great day!
Positive affirmations are a profoundly powerful tool.
What are Morning Affirmations?
To affirm something simply means to declare it true, and in the context of personal development, positive affirmations are a profoundly powerful tool.
Morning affirmations are short, positive statements, often beginning with ‘I am’. While affirmations can be used at any time of the day, morning affirmations are specifically designed to be recited soon after you wake up, to set you up for a fantastic day.
Learn More About How Morning Affirmations Work
Truthfully, when I first started learning about affirmations, I was skeptical about their value. They seemed a little bit pseudo-science nonsense. But having looked into them, that’s just not the case – they’re different to manifestations but in the best way, because they have psychological basis.
A simple explanation that speaks to me is given by Lisa Legault, assistant professor of psychology:
Self-affirmation is the process of reminding yourself of the values and interests “that constitute your true or core self.”Lisa Legault
That makes sense, because our values are pivotal to our overall wellbeing.
If you’re interested in reading more about the psychology of how affirmations work, check out this post about manifesting and affirmations.
78 Positive Morning Affirmations
It’s all about viewing affirmations through the lens of science and psychology.
While I’m all for living an intentional life, seeking your purpose and being open to personal growth, you won’t find affirmations here about abundance and vibrations.
If that’s your bag then that’s cool, but for me it’s all about viewing affirmations through the lens of science and psychology, and these affirmations are designed to fit that context.
I’ve included a few at the end which are left for you to complete, so if there’s specific language that I’ve not used but which does resonate with you, you may like to personalise those. Alternatively please feel free to chop this list up and style it your own way!
- I am excited and ready for the day ahead and all that it will bring.
- I am grateful for the beauty in the world and in my life.
- I am choosing in every moment to see the good around me.
- I am optimistic about this glorious new day.
- I am fortunate to be alive and thankful for my experiences.
- I am comfortable and content in my remarkable body.
- I am responsible for my own happiness and I choose to pursue the things that bring me peace and joy.
- I am open and receptive to healing and nurturing.
- I am trusting in my intuition and wisdom to guide me along the path that is right for me.
- I am open to and worthy of receiving love and kindness.
- I am allowed to ask for the things I need and want.
- I am enjoying discovering new things about myself and open to learning more.
- I am in awe of and exhilarated by the beauty of nature.
- I am committed to growth and joy.
- I am gentle in my heart and firm in my boundaries.
- I am good at what I do and deserve recognition and success.
- I am thrilled by the sensations and experiences my body allows me to experience.
- I am worthy of all the good and wonderful things I desire.
- I am more than my current circumstances.
- I am capable and worthy of achieving my goals.
- I am in control of the way I respond to challenging emotions.
- I am allowed to change my mind about anything I want to.
- I am capable of creating healthy balance in my life.
- I am cherished and supported by those who love me.
- I am worthy of investing in myself.
- I am both allowed and comfortable saying no.
- I am growing, learning, and evolving.
- I am grateful for this beautiful gift of life.
- I am allowed to make mistakes and exercise self-compassion.
- I am a good and kind person with so much to offer.
- I am feeling appreciation for all the wonderful people in my life.
- I am choosing to live in alignment with my values for a peaceful life.
- I am choosing to focus on all the positives in my life.
- I am committed to improving my wellbeing.
- I am in charge of how I feel and I choose to feel happy.
- I am surrounded by beauty and positivity.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am honest and loyal to myself and others.
- I am going at my own pace, the perfect speed for me.
- I am ready to face the day with confidence and curiosity.
- I am inspired to be creative today.
- I am authentically myself.
- I am enough as I am, but I choose to continue growing.
- I am open to learning new things and thinking in new ways.
- I deserve to be heard and understood.
- There is so much joy waiting to be discovered in my world.
- I deserve to feel peace and pleasure, in my mind, body, and soul.
- I have agency and I choose my own destiny.
- I breathe in healing and exhale pain and sorrow.
- I nurture my mind, body, and soul with kindness and nourishment.
- I embrace challenges and the lessons they offer.
- There is value in my thoughts and ideas.
- I accept my difficult feelings and allow them to serve their purpose; then I let them go.
- I alone hold the truth of who I am.
- I allow myself to enjoy all things in moderation.
- I make self-esteem and self-worth priorities in my life.
- My feelings are valid and deserve to be recognised.
- I treat myself as I would a friend, with kindness and compassion.
- My perspective is important and worthy of being heard.
- My happiness is a journey, not a destination.
- I respect myself enough to feel grief when necessary.
- I accept, respect, and value myself as I am, and commit to continued growth.
- I strive to be my best, not the best.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I believe in myself and my worth.
- I have everything I need to face obstacles and succeed.
- I have space in my life for new and exciting things.
- I practice mindfulness and gratitude daily.
- Every day I am becoming a better version of myself.
- My body is a vessel of wellness and positivity.
- I give myself permission to let go of pain, to be content and at peace.
And a few more ideas for you to complete yourself…
- I am proud of the way I…
- I love that I can help others with/by/to…
- I am grateful to my body for…
- My greatest strength is…
- I am confident in my ability to…
- I give myself permission to start…
- The kindest thing I can do for myself is… and I commit to making this a priority.
Final Thoughts on Self-Affirmations and Morning Positivity
As with all things personal growth, there are no guarantees here.
But, affirmations certainly aren’t harmful, and there’s a fair chance that with a commitment to practicing them regularly, they’ll help you to start your days with some morning positivity that will see you through till evening.